Florida Library Association Scholarships
The application period for 2014 has closed
The scholarships for this year will be awarded in the spring of 2014 and scholarship recipients will be recognized at the 2014 Annual Conference. All application materials must be submitted as one electronic file (PDF). Separate files will not be accepted.
The following scholarships are available:
Three (3) FLA MLS Graduate scholarships ($2000 each):
- FSU Scholarship for student attending the Florida State University MLS graduate program
- Bernadette Storck/USF Scholarship for student attending the University of South Florida MLS graduate program
- Minority Scholarship for MLS graduate students attending either Florida State University or the University of South Florida. To qualify for a Minority Scholarship, the candidate must belong to one of the following ethnic groups: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaska Native.
Two Ingram Coutts Academic Scholarships ($1000 each):
- Available to MLS graduate students attending Florida State University or the University of South Florida and wishing to work in a Florida academic library after graduation.
Two scholarships for undergraduate study:
- student pursuing a bachelor's degree ($750)
- student pursuing an associate's degree ($350)
The FLA scholarships are available from a dedicated fund and have been given since 1989. This fund is replenished through donations and fundraising activities. The primary fundraising activity is the Silent Auction held at the FLA Annual Conference. The Ingram Coutts Academic Scholarships are made available through the generosity of Ingram Coutts Information Services. Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship if qualified.
- Applicant must be a resident of Florida and have some experience in a Florida library;
- be admitted to an accredited program at a Florida college or university or to a library/information graduate degree program at FSU or USF;
- commit to working in a Florida library for a minimum of one year after graduation;
- and be an FLA member in good standing for 2014.
Applicants must include verification of membership as part of application packet. For proof of membership, contact FLA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email the SIGNED application form and any supporting documentation as ONE (1) PDF-formatted file to:
FLA Scholarship Committee Chair
Nelson Poynter Memorial Library
University of South Florida St Petersburg
140 Seventh Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701