- About Us
- Issues and Advocacy
Florida Library Association Scholarships
The Florida Library Association (FLA) Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce that the application period for the 2017 FLA Scholarships is now open. The scholarships will be awarded in the spring of 2017 and scholarship recipients will be recognized at the 2017 Annual Conference. The FLA scholarships, established in 1989, are supported each year through donations and fundraising activities. The primary fundraising activities are held during the President's Reception at the FLA Annual Conference.
The following scholarships are available:
Three (3) FLA Library & Information Science graduate scholarships ($2000 each):
- Student attending the Florida State University MSLIS graduate program
- Student attending the University of South Florida LIS graduate program
- Minority scholarship for MLS graduate students attending either school*
*To qualify for a Minority Scholarship, the candidate must belong to one of the following ethnic groups: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaska Native.
Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship if qualified.
- Applicant must be a resident of Florida and have some experience in a Florida library;
- Be admitted to an accredited program at a Florida college or university or to a library/information graduate degree program at FSU or USF and not scheduled for degree completion in Spring 2017;
- Commit to working in a Florida library for a minimum of one year after graduation;
- Be an FLA member in good standing for 2017.
- Applicants must include verification of membership as part of application packet. For proof of membership, contact Karen Layton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarship winners may be required to serve on an FLA committee during the year after graduation.
Deadline for submission of the application packet is Monday, December 12, 2016.
Applications received by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, December 4, 2016 will be permitted to make corrections to the application package should deficiencies or omissions be identified by the Scholarship Committee. Applicants submitting after December 4 will not have the privilege of making corrections or supplementing the application with missing information.
Complete application packets should be submitted via email as 1 pdf file to:
Kelly Robinson, FLA Scholarship Committee Chair, email@example.com Paper submissions will not be accepted.
Application packet (as 1 pdf file) must include:
- Completed application (Application must be signed by applicant)
- Current resume
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Letters must be signed by recommender)
- Proof of enrollment (Letter of acceptance or current transcript)
- Proof of current FLA membership (For proof of membership contact Karen Layton at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please direct questions regarding the application process, to Kelly Robinson, FLA Scholarship Committee; email@example.com
Page Updated: 10/03/2016